Slider

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Something I enjoy but many others dont...

I remember that one of the first things I learned about painting or drawing is that you need to let something go if its not working and solve the problem. In my very first acrylic painting... I did not feel the composition was working so I decided to completely paint the subject in a different way. I hear time and time again that when something is challenging many just leave it and forget it.

Unfortunately, I cant leave things undone and I work and work with it till I can't any longer.

The following is a digital painting I did last year. It's of Dorothy and The Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz. After a critique from a professor, I decided to go a totally different route with it. I think its an improvement but you tell me. 



This is the original painting...

The improved painting of Dorothy and the Witch.

1 comments:

  1. very nice, a big difference, a big improvement and development! the improved one totally has more feeling and emotion in it as well as illustrates the story very well and very good painting and shading technique. bravo! :D

    ReplyDelete