Slider

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

MAGIC by Shel Silverstein

Last week I opened up for the millionth time one of my favorite books... Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. I happened to come accross the poem MAGIC which I thought was very visually stimulating, but it just so happens that he did not illustrate it. He illustrated most poems in the book but not this one.
So I decided to illustrate it myself.

Here is the poem

MAGIC

Sandra's seen a leprechaun,
Eddie touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlie found some goblins' gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susy spied an elf.
But all the magic I have known
Ive had to make myself.

Here are the illustrations...








Maybe you can guess which illustration goes with which verse...

I originally painted these pieces using guache then tweaked them in photoshop.

You think Shel would approve??

1 comments:

  1. Hi Raquel,

    I was googling illustrations of Shel Silverstein books and stumbled across your pictures for his poem, "Magic", which I also love. Do you sell this as prints?

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete