Slider

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dreamcatcher -backgrounds and concept

Ive come to understand that I looooove doing backgrounds and am having tons of fun with the story in development.

In October, I was chosen to participate my work for a Dreamworks Visual Development Critique. Well the fact that "I" was chosen humbles me and I was honored to be a part of it. Kathy Altieri from DW critiqued my work and gave me a lot of good pointers. I have about a month from now to revise my work as I will be presenting it again in Spring. Here is the work that I presented...
Native Ojibwe Mother designs


Nightmare concept design for forest



These are still in progress and I'll post the revised pieces at a later date.

These first concept designs have been essential in the design process for this story. Since I started talking about how much I love backgrounds, I'll be posting the backgrounds I'm using in my animatic.

2 comments:

  1. I actually attended the dreamwork crit and loved your work...the backgrounds are awesome! Good job!

    ReplyDelete